All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe book provides a tool kit for managers tasked with raising performance and sustaining motivation. Organisations are being judged by the way in which they accommodate the needs of the individual in work and life-style terms. In this context, the 'smart' employer will t only be looking to develop policies that retain talent through recognising their work-life issues, they will be equipping their managers to manage that talent in ways which maximise the contribution that individual can make. The text introduces managers to techniques largely drawn from Brief Therapy (De Shazer & Berg). Brief Therapy is used in the UK, but primarily by social workers, psychologists and counsellors. It's application to work settings is w growing. The attraction of a Solution Focussed approach to coaching is that it offers pragmatic tools that help managers structure helping conversations. The book presents the principles of solution focussed thinking in a language that is readily understandable by managers, and shows how those principles can be applied to a range of issues which managers may find themselves facing as willing or enforced coaches. The book places coaching as an activity which can be done as part of the daily process of management.
- Author BiographyCarole Pemberton, Founder of Career Matters, a coaching practice which offers careers coaching to managers. Previously with PA Consulting.
- Author(s)Carole Pemberton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2006
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.