All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $21.94Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionLoretta Lynn s classic memoir tells the story of her early life in Butcher Holler, Kentucky, and her amazing rise to the top of the music industry. Born into deep poverty, married at thirteen, mother of six, and a grandmother by the time she was twenty-nine, Loretta Lynn went on to become one of the most prolific and influential songwriters and singers in modern country music. Here we see the determination and talent that led to her trailblazing career and made her the first woman to be named Entertainer of the Year by the Country Music Association and the first woman to receive a gold record in country music.
- Author Biography<b>Loretta Lynn</b>was the first woman to be named Entertainer of the Year by the Country Music Association. She has had sixteen number-one singles, fifteen number-one albums, and countless other hit records. <b>George Vecsey</b>, a sports columnist for<i>The New York Times</i>, has written about such events as the FIFA World Cup and the Olympics but considers baseball, the sport he s covered since 1960, his favorite game. He is the author of more than a dozen books, including<i>Baseball: A History of America s Favorite Game</i>and<i>Loretta Lynn: Coal Miner s Daughter</i>(with Loretta Lynn), which was made into an Academy Award winning film. He has also served as a national and religion reporter for<i>The New York Times</i>, interviewing the Dalai Lama, Tony Blair, Billy Graham, and a host of other noteworthy figures. He lives in New York with his wife, Marianne, an artist.
- Author(s)George Vecsey,Loretta Lynn
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Out-of-print date25/08/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width135 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- jazziper01 Mar, 2016by
Coal Miners Daughter
Very enjoyable book / goes well with the CD. Very informative and interesting.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.