Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionCoalescent theory provides the framework for molecular population genetics and gemics. This new text, written for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses, provides a detailed overview of the subject. Coalescent theory provides the foundation for molecular population genetics and gemics. It is the conceptual framework for studies of DNA sequence variation within species, and is the source of essential tools for making inferences about mutation, recombination, population structure and natural selection from DNA sequence data.
- Author Biography<b>John Wakeley</b> is Professor and Chairman of Biology at Harvard University. He has worked extensively in coalescent theory. His research has focussed on populations structured by geography and limited migration. Using coalescent models, Dr. Wakeley has addressed questions about the current and historical demography of humans and other species. In May 2004, Dr. Wakeley received a 2002 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers.
- Author(s)John Wakeley
- PublisherRoberts & Company Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationGreenwood Village
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoberts & Company Publishers
- Out-of-print date11/04/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1895 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.