All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlong with Blue Note records, the Prestige, Atlantic, Contemporary and Pacific and Riverside Labels were the chief providers of America's East and West Coast sounds on vinyl. The hard-edged, straight ahead playing of New York's jazz musicians was perfectly reflected in the moody, mochromatic photography, quirky graphics and bold typography of the record covers: the look, like the sound, was intelligent, disciplined and sophisticated. On the West, the bright colours and playful themes expressed the funky sounds of the US's cool, california cool. For the first time ever, Coast to Coast Album Covers brings the two together under one very cool roof.
- Author BiographyGraham Marsh is an art director, illustrator and writer. He is the co-author and art director of many ground-breaking books including The Cover Art of Blue Note Records Volumes 1 and 2, East Coasting and California Cool all published by Collins & Brown. Glyn Callingham runs the legendary Ray's Jazz Shop in London. He is co-author of The Cover Art of Blue Note Records Volumes 1 and 2, East Coasting and California Cool. He contributes to several jazz magazines and is a walking encyclopaedia on jazz of the fifties and sixties.
- Author(s)Glyn Callingham,Graham Marsh
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication03/08/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteOver 400 full colour covers
- Weight998 g
- Width220 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.