All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHistorically, much harm has been done by well-meaning coastal engineering attempts, which seemed like good ideas on paper but which failed to allow for practical issues. For this reason, it is vital that theories and models are well grounded in practice. This second edition brings the models and examples of practice up to date. It has expanded coverage of tsunamis and generating energy from waves to focus both on the great dangers and the great opportunities that the ocean presents to the coastal zone. With an emphasis on practice and detailed modelling, this is a thorough introduction to all aspects of coastal processes, morphology, and design of coastal defences. It describes numerous case studies to illustrate the successful application of mathematical modelling to real-world practice. A must-have book for engineering students looking to specialize in coastal engineering and management.
- Author BiographyDominic Reeve is Professor in the College of Engineering at the University of Swansea, UK and a Chartered Mathematician. Andrew Chadwick is former Professor of Coastal Engineering at the University of the West Indies and Professor at Plymouth, UK. Chris Fleming is a former Group Director of Halcrow, UK.
- Author(s)Andrew Chadwick,Christopher Fleming,Dominic Reeve
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note237 black & white illustrations, 40 black & white tables
- Weight929 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.03Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.