Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.90Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by booklegend66
- Est. delivery by 9 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Wherever there is power and money, there is always the risk of corruption. But everyone has a choice: to become involved or to take a stand against it.'Colin Dillon is an extraordinary man. He was the first Indigeus policeman in Australia. But that is actually a very small part of his story.He was also the first serving police officer to voluntarily appear before the Fitzgerald Commission of Inquiry in 1987 and give first-hand evidence of police corruption. He did this at a time when the Fitzgerald Inquiry was beginning and struggling for traction. His evidence at the Inquiry was instrumental in eventually sending some police, including Police Commissioner Terry Lewis, and politicians to prison.Revealing, powerful and uncompromising, this is the story of Colin Dillon's nearly 40 years in a police force rotten to the core. It describes the extraordinary range of criminal activities - drugs, gaming, SP bookmaking, brothels, vehicle theft - that were allowed to operate with impunity in return for bribes. It also tells of the high price an honest man and his family paid for his decision to break the code of silence.
- Author BiographyColin Dillon joined the Queensland police force in 1965 (before the 1967 referendum, which supposedly offered Aboriginal Australians full and equal citizenship). He worked within that system for almost four decades and became the first commissioned Indigenous Police Inspector in Australia. He still lives in Queensland.
- Author(s)Colin Dillon
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication05/01/2016
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight340 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Interest AgeFrom
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.