All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA codependent lives 'as if' - as if what others think matters more than what they think, as if they can please or change someone else, as if they have to answer to ather person or persons rather than their own inner voice and Higher Power. It's an insidious and pervasive addiction. And there is a simple way out of it - detachment. Karen Casey takes us through the steps of detachment - admitting our attachment, surrendering outcome, forgiving, focusing our attention on what works. When we give up judging others, we become accountable for our own behaviour and let others - spouses, family, co-workers - be accountable for themselves.The power of detachment is a power anyone can claim. It's the power of sanity, of peace, of finding our own inner strength. Casey shares insights and tools she's discovered in her own decades of sobriety and in talking with dozens of other codependents. Her unique treatment of this much talked about but t clearly understood syndrome focuses t on naming or on cause, but on the individual's own power to detach from the bad situation and make a choice for recovery. Codependence and the Power of Detachment is sure to become the new classic in the field.
- Author(s)Karen Casey
- PublisherConari Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintConari Press,U.S.
- Weight231 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.