All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTILT are a London-based design and architecture practice that actively engages communities in designing and making their spaces. Founded by designer Oliver Marlow and social entrepreneur Dermot Egan, TILT has created a unique codesign methodology that transforms the way people interact with each other and the spaces around them. Participants are encouraged to explore the role of objects and furniture within their space and understand their impact on culture and behaviour.TILT's codesign approach is having a significant impact on community building, deciphering complex project briefs, prototyping architecture and delivering enabling spaces. Through their trans-disciplinary design team, including architects, furniture designer/makers, graphic designers and techlogists, TILT are challenging the traditional role of the architect in space design.Codesigning Space is an introduction to this fresh approach to designing spaces, placing TILT's work in the context of the codesign movement and offering an introduction to their methodology and projects. Referencing case studies from different industries, including Health, Workplace, Coworking and the Arts, the book demonstrates the power of codesign as a method to design spaces, highlighting its potential to engage communities to purposefully shape environments and influence their culture.
- Author(s)Dermot Egan,Oliver Marlow
- PublisherArtifice Books on Architecture
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArtifice Books on Architecture
- Content Note201illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.