All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe rational choice perspective developed by Cornish and Clarke in 1986 provides crimilogists with a valuable and practical framework for purposes of crime control and prevention. More than twenty-five years later, Cognition and Crime pushes the boundaries of this field of research by bringing together international leading (or emerging) researchers in this area of script analysis into a single volume for the first time. It also presents a series of original contributions on offender decision-making during crime and crime script analysis as well as offering a critical perspective of what could be achieved in the future to further help develop this field of research for prevention purposes. In addition, each empirical chapter treats a specific and important form of crime such as stalking violence, drug dealing, human trafficking for sexual exploitation, child sexual abuse, and transnational illegal market of endangered species. Academics and students from various backgrounds, and interested in investigating and preventing crime, will benefit from this book as it applies crime script analysis and discusses new and future developments in regards to this approach and the rational choice perspective. This volume will be of particular relevance for practitioners such as police officers and crime investigators.
- Author BiographyDr Benoit Leclerc is a criminologist in the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia. He has been involved in research and clinical work with adolescent and adult sex offenders at the Philippe-Pinel Institute of Montreal for 7 years and received his Ph.D. from the Universite of Montreal, Canada. His research interests include crime script analysis, situational crime prevention and sexual offending. A recent funded project involves the study of the effectiveness of situational crime prevention to prevent sexual offences. Professor Richard Wortley is Director of the Jill Dando Institute of Crime Science at University College London. He has published widely in the areas of situational crime prevention, corrections and sexual offending. He has recent books entitled Situational Prison Control: Crime Prevention in Correctional Institutions (Cambridge University Press), Situational Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse (co-edited with Stephen Smallbone - Criminal Justice Press), Environmental Criminology and Crime Analysis (co-edited with Lorraine Mazerolle - Willan Publishing), and Preventing Child Sexual Abuse (co-written with Stephen Smallbone and William Marshall - Willan Publishing).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBenoit Leclerc,Richard Wortley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.