Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.83Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe recent development of cognitive theories and therapies within the ranks of behavior therapy has to be classified as one of the more intriguing developments in contemporary clinical psychology. After all, behaviorists have long been stereotyped as cold, hard-headed environmentalists who have been anything but subtle in their at tacks on mentalism. To those who have accepted such a stereotype, a cognitive behavior therapist might sound like a self-contradic tory creature, one steeped in two separate and incompatible psy chological traditions. How can one be both cognitive and be havioral ? This is only one of the issues addressed in the present volume, which represents a valuable contribution toward both the oretical and empirical refinements in the area. Here one can read how the behavioristic emphases on assessment and experi mentation can be fruitfully integrated with therapeutic procedures designed to alter patterns of human distress. Many of those procedures involve specific focus on a client's thoughts and fantasies. This book represents a strong and timely overview of an excit ing new area, and its contributors include some of the most ener getic researchers in the field. A theme of cautious optimism is blended with a commitment to empirical scrutiny, and there is an admirable recognition of the important difference between inferred therapeutic process and operationally specified therapeutic proce dure.
- Author(s)John Foreyt
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.