All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionWe live in a time of transition, argues Yann Moulier Boutang. But the irony is that this is t a transition to a new type of society called 'socialism', as many on the Left had assumed; rather, it is a transition to a new type of capitalism. Socialism has been left behind by a new revolution in our midst. 'Globalization' effectively corresponds to the emergence, since 1975, of a third kind of capitalism. It does t have much to do with the industrial capitalism which, at the point of its birth (1750-1820), broke with earlier forms of mercantile capitalism. The aim of this book is to describe and explain the characteristics of this third age of capitalism. Boutang coins the term 'cognitive capitalism' to describe this new form of capitalism. While this tion remains a working hypothesis, it already provides some basic orientations and anchor points which are indispensible for political action. The political ecomy which was born with Adam Smith longer offers us the possibility of understanding the reality which is being constructed before our eyes - namely the value, wealth and complexity of the world ecomic system D and it also does t enable us to deal with the challenges that await humanity, whether ecological or social. This book thus seeks to put us onto the path of a provisional politics and morality capable of dealing with this new Great Transformation.
- Author BiographyYann Moulier Boutang is professor of economics at Universite de Technologie de Compiegne.
- Author(s)Yann Moulier-Boutang
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight386 g
- Width161 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.