All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionCognitive Communication Disorders, w in its second edition, is the definitive core text for graduate courses that address cognitively based communicative disorders. This text provides up-to-date kwledge on the rmal cognitive processes that support communication, cognitive linguistic communication disorders, clinical management, as well as the impact that deficits in these cognitive domains may have on language and communication - including right hemisphere disorders, Alzheimer disease and related disorders, and traumatic brain injury. Furthermore, through contributions from a rewned group of contributors, this text provides a comprehensive review of theoretical and applied research on the cognitive processes of attention, memory, and executive function. For this second edition, the content has been extensively revised and updated to reflect the burgeoning research in this area of study. Specific updates include: A new chapter on mild brain injury Expansion of the dementia chapter to include content on clinical intervention and working with families Updates to evidence-based practices for patients suffering from traumatic brain injury With its updates and additions, Cognitive Communication Disorders, Second Edition is sure to be the top choice for those studying cognitively based communication disorders.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Kimbarow, PhD , CCC-SLP , BC-NCD , is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Communicative Disorders and Sciences at San Jose State University. Previously, he was Director of Speech-Language Pathology at the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan and Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Wayne State University Medical School. Dr. Kimbarow has over 32 years of clinical experience and 27 years of university teaching experience related to working with adults with neurogenic communication disorders. Dr. Kimbarow is Board Certified in Neurologic Communication Disorders-Adults by the Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences and is a former chair of the ANCDS Certification Board. Dr. Kimbarow is a Fellow of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine629 mm
- Edited byMichael L. Kimbarow
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.