All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
About this product
- DescriptionWith the current push toward educational reform, there is great potential for invation and change, particularly in large scale testing. One area where change is possible is in cognitive diagstic assessment. Researchers in educational measurement and cognitive psychology are finally in a position to design tests targeted specifically for providing valuable information about students' cognitive strengths and weaknesses. This self-contained volume organizes what is kwn about cognitive diagstic assessment in education, including its conceptual and philosophical basis, methods, and applications. The complete list of topics includes educational demand, philosophical rationale, construct validity, cognitive methods, test construction, statistical models, and unresolved issues (e.g., how to best translate diagstic information into teaching practices). Leighton and Gierl present a comprehensive and up-to-date examination of cognitive diagstic assessment in education.
- Author BiographyDr Leighton is a registered psychologist by the College of Alberta Psychologists and is a member of the American Educational Research Association. She sits on the National Council on Measurement in Education and the Canadian Society for the Study of Education. Her research is funded by the Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Council of Canada. Dr Gierl is currently the Canada Research Chair in Educational Measurement. He is a member of the American Educational Research Association, the National Council on Measurement in Education, and the International Test Commission. Dr Gierl's research is funded by the Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada and the College Board.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/05/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJacqueline Leighton,Mark Gierl
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.