Cognitive Surplus: How Technology Makes Consumers Into Collaborators by Clay Shirky (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by thephilosophersnook
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>The author of the breakout hit <i>Here Comes Everybody</i> reveals how new techlogy is changing us for the better. </b> In his bestselling <i>Here Comes Everybody</i>, Internet guru Clay Shirky provided readers with a much-needed primer for the digital age. Now, with <i>Cognitive Surplus</i>, he reveals how new digital techlogy is unleashing a torrent of creative production that will transform our world. For the first time, people are embracing new media that allow them to pool their efforts at vanishingly low cost. The results of this aggregated effort range from mind-expanding reference tools like Wikipedia to life-saving Web sites like Ushahidi.com, which allows Kenyans to report acts of violence in real time. <i>Cognitive Surplus</i> explores what's possible when people unite to use their intellect, energy, and time for the greater good.
- Author BiographyClay Shirky teaches at the Interactive Telecommunications Program at NYU, where he researches the interrelated effects of our social and technological networks. He has consulted with a variety of Fortune 500 companies working on network design, including Nokia, Lego, the BBC, Newscorp, Microsoft, as well as the Library of Congress, the U.S. Navy, and the Libyan government. His writings have appeared in the <i>New York Times</i>, the <i>Wall Street Journal</i>, the <i>Times of London</i>, <i>Harvard Business Review</i>, <i>Business 2.0</i>, and <i>Wired</i>, and he is a regular keynote speaker at tech conferences. Mr. Shirky lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Clay Shirky
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight213 g
- Width136 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.