All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout history, money has developed along with society. During ancient times, currency took many forms, including such varied items as beaver skins and sea salt blocks. As societies made techlogical and artistic advancements, their monetary systems and currencies advanced as well. Today, coins and currency are an important part of the historical and archaeological record, providing information regarding the culture, religion, interests, and major leaders of societies throughout the world. This reference work offers numerous entries of historical commentary on the role of coins and currency in human events, politics, and the arts. Not only does this sourcebook cover the evolution and circulation of money throughout history, it also includes biographical information on the designers of coins and the creators of various monetary systems. A timeline of important events in the history of money is included, along with a glossary and bibliography. Photographs of coins and bills enhance the text, providing an up-close look at many beautiful artifacts.
- Author(s)Mary Ellen Snodgrass
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication10/04/2007
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note118 illustrations, glossary, bibliography, index
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.