All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionThis original anthology presents 19 short stories that cover nearly a century of speculative fiction by women authors. Selections range from Mary Shelley's Transformation (1830), a pendant to Frankenstein in its themes and motifs, to Where Their Fire Is Not Quenched (1922) by May Sinclair, a tale of time travel that follows its heroine to Hell and back. Gripping narratives include Virginia Woolf's A Haunted House, in which a ghostly couple revisit their former home; A Wedding Chest by Vern Lee, a story of romance and revenge that unfolds in Renaissance Italy; and Charlotte Perkins Gilman's The Yellow Wallpaper, recounting a woman's psychic possession by the previous occupant of her attic bedroom. Additional tales include E. Nesbit's From the Dead, The Eyes by Edith Wharton, Elizabeth Gaskell's Curious If True, and many others. Editor S. T. Joshi offers an extensive Introduction as well as tes on each of the authors.
- Author BiographyS. T. Joshi is a literary critic, novelist, and a leading figure in the study of H. P. Lovecraft and other authors of weird and fantastic fiction, including Ambrose Bierce, Algernon Blackwood, and M. R. James. He has compiled, edited, and written more than 200 books and is the general editor of Dover's Horror Classics series.
- Author(s)S. T. Joshi
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.