CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this research was a continued study of gas-dynamic phemena that occurred in a set of stacked zzles as reported by Captains Ian Bautista in 2003 and Scott Bergren in 2002. The arrangement of the stacked zzles was a modified version of a 1/5th scale-model of one quadrant of the conceptual Space Based Laser Integrated Flight Experiment (SBL IFX) gas dynamic laser. Rather than cylindrical rings of zzles, the stacked zzles were flat and able to be rotated about a vector rmal to the zzle exits. This set of stacked flat zzles was installed on a blow-down/vacuum wind tunnel, which in addition to the zzles, consisted of a stilling chamber, centerbody, supersonic diffuser, and transition structure to join the vacuum and test sections. The goals of this research were two fold; first, modify the original scale-model of the stacked cylindrical rings of zzles so schlieren photography could be used to visualize an average flow field across the zzles. Secondly, using the schlieren photographs, in conjunction with pressure data, observe the interactions between the individual zzles. Results have shown that the modified zzle array produces a vastly complex flow field as well as a highly supersonic flow regime, with Mach numbers that reach as high as 5.6.
- Author(s)David B Jarrett
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight141 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.