Consider these sponsored items
- AU $25.50Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the last three years [my daughter], has been slowly dying. Although she is sixteen, she weighs as much as an eight-year-old. Her hormone levels are those of a post-mepausal woman. We have tried everything the medical system has to offer - psychologists, psychiatrists, family therapists, dieticians, drugs ... but thing has worked. And w here we are, she and I, flying to the other side of the world in a last ditch effort to save her. Arexia is a difficult thing to get people to understand. Usually they will look at me incredulously. Sometimes they will come right out and say what I kw they are thinking: Why can't you just get her to eat? Anne Tonner, a high achieving human rights lawyer and mother of four, is used to facing battles and winning. But when her 13-year-old daughter Chloe stops eating and is diagsed with arexia, she is confronted with the mother of all enemies, one that is completely unfathomable and seemingly incurable. Anne and her family throw everything they have at helping Chloe face the 'demon' they name 'Cold Vein'. But some three years later Chloe is still ill and desperately close to death and the family is in tatters. Anne is in danger of t only losing her daughter but her whole family as well. In a last ditch effort they travel across the world to attend a clinic in Stockholm, kwing that this may be the only chance Chloe has to survive. Beautifully and engagingly written, Anne's depiction of the devastating effects of arexia has t only for the person who has it, but those around them, is honest, tough and compelling. Ultimately uplifting, this story will shed light on one of the most insidious and dangerous mental conditions.
- Author BiographyAnne Tonner is a human rights lawyer. For the last six years, she has run a project in south western Sydney that helps refugees and asylum seekers to navigate the Australian legal system.
- Author(s)Anne Tonner
- PublisherFinch Publishing
- Date of Publication24/04/2017
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLane Cove
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFinch Publishing
- Weight304 g
- Width154 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.