All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) is a critical part of today's healthcare delivery system. The need for competent care across all age ranges has created opportunities for APRNs to deliver care in a multitude of practice settings. The collaboration of APRNs with nurses, physicians, physician assistants, social workers, and other healthcare workers is the impetus for this book. We realize that many of our colleagues might t fully understand the basic underpinnings of advanced practice nursing, what the roles of advanced practice nursing are, and what the educational background of the APRN is. To that end, this book describes the basic tenets of advanced practice nursing with a focus specifically on the nurse practitioner. Chapters address the development of advanced practice nursing, the four specific APRN roles, educational requirements, licensure, credentialing, and how APRNs work independently or collaboratively with physicians. The text provides a greater understanding of what APRNs can do and how they can work collaboratively with other health care professionals.
- Author BiographyAngelo P Giardino, MD, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics and Section Chief of Academic General Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, received his medical degree and doctorate in education from the University of Pennsylvania, completed his residency and fellowship training at The Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), and currently serves as Senior Vice President/Chief Quality Officer at Texas Childrens Hospital in Houston. He earned a Masters in Public Health from the University of Massachusetts, and is a Certified Physician Executive (CPE) within the American College of Physician Executives. He completed the Patient Safety Certificate Program from the Quality Colloquium and is certified in medical quality (CMQ) as designated by the American Board of Medical Quality. Dr. Giardino is a Distinguished Fellow of the American College of Medical Quality, and sub-boarded in Child Abuse Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics. He is a recipient of the Fulbright & Jaworski L L.P. Faculty Excellence Award. He is a board member for several national and regional boards. His academic accomplishments include publishing several textbooks on child abuse and neglect and medical education, presenting on a variety of pediatric topics at national and regional conferences, and publishing numerous book chapters on education, mentoring, child maltreatment, and quality improvement.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight666 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byAngelo P. Giardino,Eileen R. Giardino,Robert G. Hanks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.