All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionMort is a fireball. . . . Personal, political, and passionate, Mort's poetry will surely sustain many reading audiences. Highly recommended. Library Journal A one-of-a-kind work of passion and insight. Midwest Book Review Mort's styletough and terse almost to the point of aphorismrecalls the great Polish poets Czeslaw Milosz and Wislawa Szymborska. Los Angeles Times Valzhyna Mort is a dynamic Belarusian poet, and Collected Body is her first collection composed in English. Whether writing about sex, relatives, violence, or fish markets as opera, Mort insists on vibrant, dark truths. Death hands you every new day like a golden coin, she writes, then warns that as the bribe grows it gets harder to turn down. Preface on a bare treea red beast, so still, it has become the tree.w it's the tree that prowls over the beast, a cautious beast itself. a stone thrown at its breast is so fastthe stone has become the beast.w it's the beast that throws itself like a stone, blood like a dog-rose tree on a windy day, and the moon is trying on your facefor the annual masquerade of the dead. death decides to wait to hear more.so death mews: firstyour story, thenme. Valzhyna Mort was born in Minsk, Belarus. Her American debut, Factory of Tears, appeared in 2008 and she was featured on the cover of Poets & Writers. She has received many hors and awards, including a Civitella Raineri fellowship. She lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Author BiographyValzhyna Mort: Valzhyna Mort was born in Minsk, Belarus. Her first book of poetry, I'm as Thin as Your Eyelashes, came out in Belarus in 2005; her American debut, Factory of Tears, appeared in 2008 and she was featured on the cover of Poets & Writers magazine. She has received many honors and awards in Europe, including a Civitella Raineri fellowship for 2011-2012. She lives in the United States.
- Author(s)Valzhyna Mort
- PublisherCopper Canyon Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCopper Canyon Press
- Weight136 g
- Width150 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.