All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionFive acclaimed vels from the Golden Age of Suspense, including the Edgar Award-Winning Novel Beast in View Introduction by Tom Nolan In 1950s America the men are back to work and the women are home raising a new generation. The war is over and the boom is on. Everyone is happy. It is to this myth of the perfect American family that velist Margaret Millar applied her scalpel. This volume includes five of Millar's vels of the 1950s, among her best-kwn works of literary suspense as well as some of the most compulsively readable, please-leave-a-light-on thrillers ever put to paper. VANISH IN AN INSTANT (1952) In this classic ir tale of blurred guilt and flawed incence, a cynical lawyer uncovers the desperate lives of a group connected only by a gruesome murder. WIVES AND LOVERS (1954) A sincere and compassionate vel about the complications of married life, and the love, loathing, pain, loyalty, disappointments and friendship that grow out of a marriage. BEAST IN VIEW (1955) - Winner of the Edgar Award for Best Novel Hailed as one of the greatest psychological mysteries ever written and winner of the 1956 Mystery Writers of America Edgar Award for Best Novel, Beast in View remains as freshly sinister today as the day it was first published. AN AIR THAT KILLS (1957) When Ron Galloway never arrives at a boys' weekend fishing retreat, it becomes increasingly clear that something terrible has befallen him. Was he a victim of his own lust? Or of someone else's greed? THE LISTENING WALLS (1959) In this suspenseful masterpiece about corrupted love, Rupert Kellogg's wife, Amy, goes missing after an ill-fated trip to Mexico--and Rupert becomes the focus of a paraid investigation.
- Author BiographyMargaret Millar (1915-1994) was the author of 27 books and a masterful pioneer of psychological mysteries and thrillers. Born in Kitchener, Ontario, she spent most of her life in Santa Barbara, California, with her husband Ken Millar, who is better known by his nom de plume of Ross Macdonald. Her 1956 novel Beast in View won the Edgar Allan Poe Award for Best Novel. In 1965 Millar was the recipient of the Los Angeles Times Woman of the Year Award and in 1983 the Mystery Writers of America awarded her the Grand Master Award for Lifetime Achievement. Millar's cutting wit and superb plotting have left her an enduring legacy as one of the most important crime writers of both her own and subsequent generations.
- Author(s)Margaret Millar
- PublisherSoho Syndicate
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSoho Syndicate
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Introduction byTom Nolan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.