All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Preface: The theory of optimal design of experiments as we kw it today is built on asolid foundation developed by Jack Kiefer, who formulated and resolved some of the major problems of data collection via experimentation. A principal ingredient in his formulation was statistical efficiency of a design. Kiefer's theoretical contributions to optimal designs can be broadly classified into several categories: He rigorously defined, developed, and interrelated statistical tions of optimality. He developed powerful tools for verifying and searching for optimal designs; this includes the averaging technique ...for approximate or exact theory, and patchwork ...for exact theory...Kiefer and Wolfowitz provided a theorem w kwn as the Equivalence Theorem. This result has become a classical theorem in the field. One important feature of this theorem is that it provides a measure of how far a given design is from the optimal design. He characterized and constructed families of optimal designs. Some of the celebrated ones are balanced block designs, generalized Youden designs, and weighing designs. He also developed combinatorial structures of these designs. Kiefer's papers are sometimes difficult. In part this is due to the precision and care he exercised, which at times forced a consideration of pathologies and special cases...A reading of his papers on design is replete with examples of his scholarship, his invativeness, ingenuity, and strength as a researcher.
- Author(s)Jack C. Kiefer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1265 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byH. P. Wynn,I. Olkin,J. Sacks,L. D. Brown
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.