All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than five decades Bertram Kostant has been one of the major architects of modern Lie theory. Virtually all his papers are pioneering with deep consequences, many giving rise to whole new fields of activities. His interests span a tremendous range of Lie theory, from differential geometry to representation theory, abstract algebra, and mathematical physics. It is striking to te that Lie theory (and symmetry in general) w occupies an ever increasing larger role in mathematics than it did in the fifties. Now in the sixth decade of his career, he continues to produce results of astonishing beauty and significance for which he is invited to lecture all over the world. This is the first volume (1955-1966) of a five-volume set of Bertram Kostant's collected papers. A distinguished feature of this first volume is Kostant's commentaries and summaries of his papers in his own words.
- Author(s)Bertram Kostant
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1225 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJoseph Anthony,Michele Vergne,Shrawan Kumar
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.