All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike the papers of some other great ecomists, those of Kenneth Arrow are being read and studied today with even greater care and attention than when they first appeared in the journals. The publication of his collected papers will therefore be welcomed by ecomists and other social scientists and in particular by graduate students, who can draw from them the deep kwledge and the discernment in selection of scientific problems that only a master can offer. The author has added headtes to certain well-kwn papers, describing how he came to write them.This volume begins with Arrow's papers on statistical decision theory, which served as a foundation for his work on the ecomics of information. As he writes in his preface, Statistical method was an example for the acquisition of information. In a world of uncertainty, it was great leap to realize that information is valuable in an ecomic sense. The later, applied papers, which operationalize the theory of the early ones, include essays on the demand for information, the ecomic value of screening devices, and the effect of incomplete information on the structure of organizations, futures markets, and insurance.
- Author BiographyA past president of the American Economic Association, Kenneth J. Arrow was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science in 1972.
- Author(s)Kenneth J. Arrow
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1984
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note9 line illustrations; 5 tables
- Weight671 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.