Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionC.K. Stead's Collected Poems is a milestone in English-language poetry: half a century's work from fourteen collections, along with early uncollected poems. A New Zealander, Stead's family connections in that country start in the early 1830s, and his poems reflect this background. He has also travelled widely, and the poems have travelled with him. He is a writer - velist, literary historian and critic, as well as poet - who occupies literature like a landscape, his poetry deep-rooted in classical and European literary traditions, at ease in an international literary community. Collected Poems reveals a craft deepening decade by decade, a growing delight in its supple possibilities. With C.K. Stead's preface and a section of his tes illuminating the background to many of the poems, this Collected Poems is an essential compendium of the poetry of a major writer.
- Author BiographyC.K. Stead was born in Auckland, New Zealand in 1932. He has published thirteen collections of poems and two of short stories, eleven novels and six books of literary criticism. He was Professor of English at the University of Auckland for twenty years, before taking early retirement in 1986 to write full-time. The film Sleeping Dogs starring Sam Neill was made from one of his novels. He was awarded a CBE in 1985 for services to New Zealand literature. In 2007 he received his country's highest award, the Order of New Zealand (limited to twenty holders).
- Author(s)C. K. Stead
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.