Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe death of Michael Donaghy in 2004 at the age of fifty robbed poetry of one of its best-loved and most naturally gifted practitioners. A modern metaphysical, Donaghy wrote poetry of great wisdom, grace, charm, erudition and consummate technical accomplishment. This book gathers together all of Donaghy's mature poetry, and includes the full texts of his four published volumes, as well as a number of fine uncollected pieces. As the poet-critic Sean O'Brien has remarked, Donaghy will come to be seen as one of the representative poets of the age.
- Author BiographyMichael Donaghy was born in the Bronx, New York, in 1954. In 1985 he moved to London, where he worked as a teacher and traditional Irish musician. His previous collections are Shibboleth, Errata (published in one volume, entitled Dances Learned Last Night), Conjure, and Safest. A comprehensive selection of his prose writing, The Shape of the Dance: Essays, Interviews and Digressions, is also published by Picador.
- Author(s)Michael Donaghy
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight420 g
- Width153 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.