Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.87Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCome, friendly bombs, and fall on SloughTo get it ready for the plough.The cabbages are coming w;The earth exhales.--from Slough When the beloved English poet John Betjeman's Collected Poems first appeared in 1958, it made publishing history, and has w sold more than two million copies to a steadily expanding readership. Betjeman is almost unique among poets in that his work appeals equally strongly to those who love poetry and to those who rarely read it. This volume, the first American edition of the Collected Poems, incorporates all the poems that Betjeman published after the original Collected Poems and includes a new foreword by Britain's poet laureate, Andrew Motion.
- Author BiographySir John Betjeman (1906-1984) was one of Britain's most recognized, beloved, and bestselling poets of the last century. He was knighted in 1969 and named Poet Laureate in 1972.
- Author(s)Sir John Betjeman
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication28/11/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width140 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Introduction byAndrew Motion
- Foreword byAndrew Motion
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.