All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionAn important figure in the literature of the antebellum South, Henry Timrod was a member of the literary group of Charleston, South Carolina. This book is a variorum edition of Timrod's major poetry, arranged as nearly as possible in chrological order. A Notes and Variants section provides detailed information in a set pattern: the record of publication of each poem, explanatory comments, variant readings, and occasionally a commentary by an earlier critic. The editors have included a biographical and critical Introduction.
- Author BiographyEdd Winfield Parks held degrees from Harvard and Vanderbilt. He was a member of the English Department at the University of Georgia where he was an Alumni Foundation Distinguished Professor of English. He published a volume of poetry and fourteen other books on the general subjects of American literature and literary criticism. Aileen Wells Parks sometimes collaborated with her husband, Edd Winfield Parks, on research projects. She also authored several books, including historical novels on Davy Crockett, Bedford Forrest, and James Oglethorpe.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAileen W. Parks,Edd Winfield Parks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.