Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSt Therese of Lisieux is one of the best-loved saints of the Church. Her writings are amongst the most popular works of spirituality the world has ever kwn. Admitted to Carmel in 1888 at the age of fifteen, she only lived nine more years. St Therese wrote with utter simplicity, and yet, because of her outstanding spiritual discernment, Pope John Paul II declared her a Doctor of the Church. Her gifts as a poet, however, have remained largely unkn to English-speaking readers - here for the first time ever, are English translations of fewer than seventy-two of the poems of this remarkable Carmelite nun, more than in any previously published book: translations of all sixty-two of the poems in Un Cantique d'Amour, together with ten verse passages from her plays, the 'recreations pieuses'. These translations have been made from the fully authentic original texts of Therese's manuscripts. Scholarly and sensitive in his interpretaion, Alan Bancroft captures the intelligence and fervour of Therese's verse. These poems - like her prose writing- celebrate her joyous surrender to the Glory of God.
- Author(s)St.Therese of Lisieux
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLeominster
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight364 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byAlan Bancroft
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.