All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection by Pulitzer prize-winning velist John Cheever that shows the power and range of one of the finest short story writers. It includes masterpieces such as The Swimmer and Goodbye, My Brother and date from the time of his hourable discharge from the Army at the end of the Second World War.
- Author BiographyJohn Cheever was born in Quincy, Massachusetts, in 1912, and he went to school at Thayer Academy in South Braintree. He is the author of seven collections of stories and five novels. His first novel, The Wapshot Chronicle, won the 1958 National Book Award. In 1965 he received the Howells Medal for Fiction from the National Academy of Arts and Letters and in 1978 he won the National Book Critics Circle Award and the Pulitzer Prize. Shortly before his death in 1982 he was awarded the National Medal for Literature.
- PrizesWinner of Pulitzer Prize Novel Category 1979.
- Author(s)John Cheever
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication18/10/1990
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight653 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Introduction byHanif Kureishi
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.