All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionContains the Social Contract, as well as the first English translation of Rousseau's early Discourse on the Virtue Most Necessary for a Hero, numerous previously untranslated political fragments, and the first draft of the Social Contract (the so-called Geneva Manuscript). By placing Rousseau's famous exposition of political right and the general will in the context of his preparatory drafts, the editors provide significant insight into the formation of one of the most important and influential works in Western political thought.
- Author BiographyCHRISTOPHER KELLY is professor of political science at Boston College, translator of several other volumes in this series, and author of Rousseau's Exemplary Life and Rousseau as Author.
- Author(s)Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication01/06/1994
- Series TitleThe Collected Writings of Rousseau
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDartmouth College Press
- Content Note2 illus.
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Translated byRoger D. Masters,Christopher Kelly,Judith R. Bush
- Volume editorChristopher Kelly,Roger D. Masters
- Edition StatementTrans. from the French ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.