Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionWhen learning mathematics, have you ever asked yourself, When am I ever going to use this? If you have--and even if you haven't--this book will help you learn the mathematical concepts behind the procedures, and discover how to apply quantitative thinking in your daily lives. COLLEGE ALGEBRA: A MAKE IT REAL APPROACH doesn't simply wrap a real-world situation around a mathematical concept or procedure. Instead, you'll be immersed in familiar real-world contexts--from parking rates and the higher winter incidence of the flu to Egyptian pyramids--that will help you understand mathematical ideas intuitively. One student commented, It's like having the teacher standing over my shoulder explaining things to me. With this text as your guide, your comment about college algebra will likely be, Yes, I get it!
- Author BiographyFrank Wilson is an award-winning textbook author whose passion is helping students see how to apply mathematics in their personal lives. Frank shares his passion with colleagues worldwide through engaging workshops, keynote presentations, journal articles, and curricular materials. He holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Mathematics from Brigham Young University and expects to complete his Ph.D. in Business Administration (Business Quantitative Methods) in 2013. Wilson is the recipient of numerous awards including the Calculus Division Instructor of the Year Award, Make Their Day Staff Award, and Faculty Excellence Award. He is a dynamic speaker, and regularly presents his innovative teaching techniques at national and affiliate conferences of the American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges. Scott L. Adamson is an award-winning professor who strives to help students develop mathematical reasoning and persistent problem solving as they make sense of big mathematical ideas. He structures the classroom environment so that students have the opportunity to make sense of mathematics, and strives to develop enthusiastic learners in the classroom. Scott holds a B.S. and M.A.T. in Mathematics Education from Northern Arizona University and a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction-Mathematics Education from Arizona State University. He won the TAA 2013 Most Promising New Textbook Award for COLLEGE ALGEBRA: A MAKE IT REAL APPROACH. Trey Cox's goal for mathematics education is to help students see the relevance of mathematics in their lives and to learn the meaning and purpose of the big mathematical ideas. His courses are taught in a fun and interesting environment where students have the opportunity to enjoy learning and create a strong, personal sense of motivation and responsibility for their own learning. Trey holds a B.A. in Secondary Education-Mathematics and a M.S. degree in Educational Administration from Concordia University, Wisconsin, and a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction-Mathematics Education from Arizona State University. He won the TAA 2013 Most Promising New Textbook Award for COLLEGE ALGEBRA: A MAKE IT REAL APPROACH. Alan O'Bryan has worked as a high school mathematics instructor with Gilbert Public Schools in Gilbert, Arizona, and as a faculty associate with Arizona State University, assisting with research projects that seek to improve teachers' and students' understanding of key ideas in algebra and precalculus. He believes strongly in the benefits of having students explain their thinking and understanding of concepts, both orally and in writing, and in helping students make connections among the many topics taught within a mathematics course. Alan holds a B.A. in Secondary Education from Arizona State University and a M.A. in Teaching from Grand Canyon University. He won the TAA 2013 Most Promising New Textbook Award for COLLEGE ALGEBRA: A MAKE IT REAL APPROACH.
- Author(s)Alan O'Bryan,Frank Wilson,Scott Adamson,Trey Cox
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication07/11/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight449 g
- Width222 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.