Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.76
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.08
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $31.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe Camel Fair is a n-fiction recount of a holiday in India, accompanied by spectacular, atmospheric photographs. The highlight of the visit, and the central focus of the book, is the Pushkar Camel Fair. The event is recounted in a letter format through the eyes of a child, Sarina who is visiting relatives. * White/Band 10 books have more complex sentences and figurative language. * Text type - A recount of a visit. * A flow diagram explaining how to get onto a camel is included on pages 30 and 31 to encourage children to discuss the information. * Curriculum links - Geography: Where in the World is Barnaby bear? Passport to the World; Citizenship: Living in a diverse world.
- Author BiographyWendy Cooling has been a teacher, Head of Children's Book Foundation and is now well-known as a freelance children's book consultant and anthologist.
- Author(s)Wendy Cooling
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/06/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleCollins Big Cat
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight100 g
- Width170 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Series Edited byCliff Moon
- Edition StatementAmerican English ed
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.