All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarperCollins is proud to present its new range of best-loved, essential classics. 'Take thing on its looks; take everything on evidence. There's better rule.' Living with his sister and her husband, Pip is an orphan without any expectations. It is only when he begins to visit a rich old woman, Miss Havisham and her adopted niece that he begins to hope for something better. When it is revealed that Pip has inherited a large sum of money from a mysterious benefactor on the condition that he moves to London to become a gentleman, Pip's adventure really begins. Epic, illuminating and memorable, Dickens mysterious tale of Pip's quest to find the truth about himself is one of his most enduring and popular vels to date.
- Author BiographyCharles Dickens was born in 1812 and grew up in poverty. This experience influenced 'Oliver Twist', the second of his fourteen major novels, which first appeared in 1837. When he died in 1870, he was buried in Poets' Corner in Westminster Abbey as an indication of his huge popularity as a novelist, which endures to this day.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCollins Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight260 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.