All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarperCollins is proud to present its new range of best-loved, essential classics. 'It happen'd one Day about Noon going towards my Boat, I was exceedingly surpriz'd with the Print of a Man's naked Foot on the Shore.' Shipwrecked in a storm at sea, Robinson Crusoe is washed up on a remote and desolate island. As he struggles to piece together a life for himself, Crusoe's physical, moral and spiritual values are tested to the limit. For 24 years he remains in solitude and learns to tame and master the island, until he finally comes across ather human being. Considered a classic literary masterpiece, and frequently interpreted as a comment on the British Imperialist approach at the time, Defoe's fable was and still is revered as the very first English vel.
- Author BiographyDaniel Defoe was born at the beginning of a period of history known as the English Restoration, so-named because it was when King Charles II restored the monarchy to England following the English Civil War and the brief dictatorship of Oliver Cromwell. Defoe's contemporaries included Isaac Newton and Samuel Pepys.
- Author(s)Daniel Defoe
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCollins Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight170 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
- Interest AgeFrom 10
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.73Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $30.94Trending at AU $31.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.