All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClearer pronunciation for better communication If your English accent is letting you down, this is the perfect book for you. You'll see and hear how to soften the influence of your mother tongue and speak clear English everyone will understand.Professional accent coaches Sarah and Helen show you how to prounce each sound and when to use them. They will help you recognize why your native language makes you misprounce certain sounds and which sounds you therefore need to focus on.Collins Work on your Accent features:* Thirty-six units on the main consonant and vowel sounds in English* `What am I doing wrong?' section looks at the mistakes you are most likely to be making based on your native language* Advice on rhythm, stress and pitch* Videos, illustrations and photos demonstrating the correct positions to produce accurate sounds* A DVD-ROM with video and audio clips providing clear nativespeaker model pronunciation* Extra practice sections concentrating on the most problematic soundsCEF level B1-C2Suitable for self-study and classroom use.
- Author BiographyHelen Ashton and Sarah Shepherd are highly regarded freelance accent and dialect coaches with substantial experience working with students from all around the world. Having trained professionally at London's influential Central School of Speech and Drama, they now teach both actors and non-native speakers of English how to speak with different accents.
- Author(s)Helen Ashton,Sarah Shepherd
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight464 g
- Width188 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Book
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.