All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionColloidal suspensions are encountered in a multitude of natural, biological and industrially relevant products and processes. Understanding what affects the flow behaviour, or rheology, of colloid particles, and how these suspensions can be manipulated, is important for successful formulation of products such as paint, polymers, foods and pharmaceuticals. This book is the first devoted to the study of colloidal rheology in all its aspects. With material presented in an introductory manner, and complex mathematical derivations kept to a minimum, the reader will gain a strong grasp of the basic principles of colloid science and rheology. Beginning with purely hydrodynamic effects, the contributions of Brownian motion and interparticle forces are covered, before the reader is guided through specific problem areas, such as thixotropy and shear thickening; special classes of colloid suspensions are also treated. On line resources include: questions and solutions for self-study, updates, and links to further resources.
- Author BiographyJan Mewis is Emeritus Professor of the Chemical Engineering Department at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. He has lectured all over the world and has written over 200 publications on colloid science and rheology. He received the Gold Medal of the British Society of Rheology and the Bingham Medal of The Society of Rheology (USA). Norman J. Wagner is a named Professor at the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Delaware. He has received several awards for his research developments, has co-authored over 180 scientific publications and patents, and is on the editorial boards of five international journals.
- Author(s)Jan Mewis,Norman J. Wagner
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- Series TitleCambridge Series in Chemical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note200 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight730 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.