All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionColloquial Cantonese: The Complete Course for Beginners has been carefully developed by an experienced teacher to provide a step-by-step course to Cantonese as it is written and spoken today. Combining a clear, practical and accessible style with a methodical and thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Cantonese in a broad range of situations. No prior kwledge of the language is required. Colloquial Cantonese is exceptional; each unit presents a wealth of grammatical points that are reinforced with a wide range of exercises for regular practice. A full answer key, a grammar summary, bilingual glossaries and English translations of dialogues can be found at the back as well as useful vocabulary lists throughout. Key features include: * A clear, user-friendly format designed to help learners progressively build up their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills * Jargon-free, succinct and clearly structured explanations of grammar * An extensive range of focused and dynamic supportive exercises * Realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of narrative situations * Helpful cultural points explaining the customs and features of life in Hong Kong * An overview of the sounds of Cantonese Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Cantonese is an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Cantonese. Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills. .
- Author BiographyDana Bourgerie is an Associate Professor of Chinese at Brigham Young University.
- Author(s)Dana Scott Bourgerie,Gregory James,Keith S. T. Tong
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleColloquial Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.