Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe country of Colombia, emerging from the fog of its violent past, has been shedding its reputation as a dangerous place. For travel, it is still a little on the edge, with many of the country's sites as yet undiscovered by tourists. In this travelogue, author Alexandra Rosen shares her experiences journeying to Colombia-a place filled with superlatives and unquestionable charm. With her longtime travel partner, Donald Cooney, Rosen provides a lively account of their adventures exploring Bogota, the Coffee Zone, Cartagena, and Tayrona National Park. Colombia blends factual information and historical background with engaging anecdotes and descriptions of the country's people, cuisine, art, music, and natural and manmade surroundings. Including general tips culled from travel to eighty-nine countries, Rosen describes Colombia as a superb destination as well as a great place for a journey. This guide shares Rosen's and Cooney's excursion through Colombia's history and time, witnessing its past while experiencing its present. They arrived with a collection of facts and data and left with an appreciation of Colombia's diverse culture and a positive belief in its future.
- Author(s)Alexandra Rosen
- Date of Publication17/12/2012
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.