All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis handy, reassuring guide helps recently diagsed patients answer pressing questions, such as How far advanced is the disease? What tests are involved? and What treatments will be recommended? and understand the often confusing and intimidating medical jargon. In addition, this fully updated second edition is a quick, reliable reference to the most current procedures and treatment options. Among these are the increasingly popular trend of using chemotherapy and radiation prior to surgery, targeted therapies involving newer drugs that limit their focus to the cancer cells, the use of laparoscopic surgery, and latest approaches in radiation therapy and chemotherapy drugs. This work also reviews symptoms and risk factors for colon cancer, how the disease may be prevented, and pros and cons of various treatments.
- Author BiographyPaul Ruggieri, MD, is a surgeon on staff at St. Anne's Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts. He is a fellow in the American College of Surgeons and is a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons. He is the author of A Simple Guide to Thyroid Disorders and The Surgery Handbook A Guide to Understanding Your Operation. He lives in Bristol, Rhode Island. Addison R. Tolentino, MD, is a medical oncologist with the Avera Medical Group in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. He is board-certified with the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Medical Oncology, Hematology, and Internal Medicine.
- Author(s)Addison R Tolentino,Paul Ruggieri
- PublisherAddicus Books
- Date of Publication02/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddicus Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.