All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of the colonial impact continues to provoke scholarly research. This book is a socio-ecomic study which examines the social and ecomic consequences of the colonial ecomy on the people and society of the Western Delta of Nigeria. It makes a remarkable contribution to the study of colonial ecomy and its effects through a multi- and cross-disciplinary approach. It breaks new grounds and explores new dimensions which include a gender-based analysis of the growth of indigeus entrepreneurs and a comparative discussion of their contribution to the modernization of their communities. This distinguishes it from earlier works which overlook such crucial themes. In addition to its unique methodology, this book throws new insights into the question of the colonial ecomy.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Born to the priestly family of Apena of Isokoland in Nigeria, Adeline Apena is an assistant professor of African History and Women Studies at the Sage Colleges in Troy, New York, After obtaining B.A. Hons in African History from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria and M.A. International History from the London School Economics and Political Science, University of London, she received her Ph.D. in African History from the University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria. In addition to a number of articles in professional journals and co-authoring a Course-Guide on Africa and its people, she contributed to Women Pay the Price: Structural Adjustment Program in Africa and Caribbean (1995).
- Author(s)Adeline Apena
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/1997
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleSociety & Politics in Africa
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1997
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note17 tab., 7 maps
- Weight530 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.