All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking book brings together two key themes that have t been addressed together previously in any sustained way: domestic service and colonization. Colonization offers a rich and exciting new paradigm for analyzing the phemen of domestic labor by n-family workers, paid and otherwise. Colonization is used here in its broadest sense, to refer to the expropriation and exploitation of land and resources by one group over ather, and encompassing imperial/extraction and settler modes of colonization, internal colonization, and present-day neo-colonialism. Contributors from diverse fields and disciplines share new and stimulating insights on the various connections between domestic employment and the processes of colonization, both past and present, in a range of original essays dealing with Indonesian, Canadian Aboriginal, Australian Aboriginal, Pacific Islander, African, Jamaican, Indian, Chinese, Anglo-Indian, Sri Lankan, and 'white' domestic servants.
- Author BiographyVictoria K. Haskins is an Associate Professor of History at the University of Newcastle, Australia. Claire Lowrie is a Lecturer in History at the University of Wollongong, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleRoutledge International Studies of Women and Place
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 20 black & white halftones
- Weight656 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byClaire Lowrie,Victoria K. Haskins
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.