All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionWith its appeal to the most subterranean aspects of perception art was always destined to be one of the last bastions of the transcendental in the 21st century. Color, Facture, Art and Design investigates the beauty of art based on the somatic magic of the physical body and its relationship to nature, arguing that the sensual affect of expert artistic combinations of art materials: pigments and resins, in some paintings exploits a bridge between the intricacies of human sentience and the external world. Art is thus more accurately located next to the sciences of language, mathematics, physiology and psychoanalysis. As the pure mathematics of the discipline, this materialist definition of fine-art develops guidelines for architecture, design, cultural-studies and ultimately social change. Worldwide.
- Author BiographyIona Singh is an author and journalist specialising in art and design and specifically in the realms of art and design materials. A graduate of fine-art from the University of Portsmouth she has freelanced for The Artists and Illustrators Magazine, Interior, The Traveller, Artists' Newsletter and Thalo.com and has published several hundred newspaper and magazine articles. For a number of years she wrote a personal monthly page for The Artists' and Illustrator's Magazine on art materials and techniques.She is also the author of refereed essays published in academic journals in the US, in Rethinking Marxism and the eco-journal Capitalism Nature Socialism. Both of these are published by the academic division of Routledge: Taylor and Francis Group.
- Author(s)Iona Singh
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZero Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.