All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionReviews and use of the first edition as the textbook for a senior-division uni- versity course indicated the need for a number of corrections and clarifica- tions. Although new topics have been introduced, the new edition should be more clear and useful. A velty in the Notes and Sources Appendix should facilitate reference from the tes back to the text. Far that purpose, the page number of the text to which each te refers is indicated in square brackets following the serial number of the te. The FMC1 color-difference formula has been substituted everywhere for the Friele-MacAdam formula, including the reference to the sources in Note 52. The FMC1 formula was actually used in the investigations reviewed in Sects. 8.3 and 8.4. The Friele-MacAdam formula given on page 151 of the first edition, which I thought was equivalent to the FMC1, was erroneous and should t be used. The formulas for the geodesic chromaticity diagram, on p. 153 of the first edition, were based on observations by 14 rmal observers (last reference in Note 51). They have been replaced by the formulas based on the observations of PON, for consistency with all other formulas and discussions in the book. Figure 8.29 in the first edition was based on the PON data and on the formulas printed below it in the new edition. Therefore, Fig. 8.29 is un- changed.
- Author(s)David L. MacAdam
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/09/1985
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Optical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number27
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight405 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd rev. ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.