All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionPhotography in Colorado was encouraged as early as 1861, when newspaper editor William Byers wrote in the Rocky Mountain News, 'Secure the shadow, ere the substance perish', and roused the citizenry to take photographs of their families, friends, landscape, homes, and mills in order to document their lives and share them with others. The revised edition of Colorado: A History in Photographs draws on this rich legacy, portraying Colorado's history in images taken from the frontier era to the present, all accompanied by a vivid, updated narrative. Presenting a broad view of countless aspects of life in Colorado and including 270 black-and-white photographs, this book will inform, entertain, and inspire all those who delight in learning more about the history of the Centennial State.
- Author BiographyRichard N Ellis is professor and chair of the Department of Southwest Studies at Fort Lewis College. Duane A Smith is professor of Southwest studies at Fort Lewis College and author of numerous books on Colorado and western history.
- Author(s)Duane A. Smith,Richard N. Ellis
- PublisherUniversity Press of Colorado
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Colorado
- Content Note270 b/w photos
- Weight728 g
- Width255 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.