All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionColorectal Cancer: A True Story is the real life story of a rectal cancer patient. This book gives a feeling of real life situation about the disease, its diagsis, including Genetic (DNA) Risk analysis, treatment - chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and its side effects. Sometimes, the doctors make serious mistakes, especially those who are over burdened with more number of patients, in such situations what precautions to be taken and how one should be alert during the treatment. The book also emphasis the need for Pharmacogenetic Assay, before starting chemotherapy as it will give you better medication options suited to the patient's profile, which in turn will reduce the cost of treatment, and ADRs (adverse drug reactions). It emphasis about the need for empathy, mental, physical, and emotional support to the patient and Palliative Care, including Pain Management, especially in the last stages of the life of the patient. In addition, there is lots of information about diet planning, diagstic labs for genetic, pharmacogenetic and mutation analysis, help sources about financial assistance, blood and platelet donations, and information about where you can find more scientific information about bowel, rectal or colon cancer.
- Author BiographyI am not a doctor. However, during the treatment of my wife, K Prasanna, for a period of about 26 months from Sept 2010 through January 2013, I have learned a lot about colorectal cancer, its diagnosis, treatment - chemotherapy, radiation therapy, lab tests and biopsy etc. There were innumerable instances where the medical oncologist did not tell us about the importance or the stage of the patient, side effects of treatment and treatment options. Therefore, I decided to bring out this book for the benefit of layman so that they can be cautious, alert and will take a second opinion about the case, if required, so that they will get the best treatment options, save money and avoid side effects. I am an author, writer and sales and marketing expert, specializing in retail.
- Author(s)K Raveendran
- Date of Publication09/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edited byK Priya
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.