Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionLarge-section histopathology widens your perspectives...Correct diagsis and staging are essential in determining the appropriate therapy of colorectal carcima, one of the most common malignancies in America and Europe. As medical science continues to develop rapidly, histopathology remains an essential part of diagsis in most malignant diseases. In this era of interdisciplinary medicine, the role of pathology has expanded to provide images that easily correlate with endoscopic, radiological, or operative findings. In this remarkable atlas, Tibor Tot presents colon pathology in large histological sections, with cross-sections of entire tumors in their anatomic environments and their circumferential surgical margins. These unique images form a guide to diagsis, tumor typing and staging according to TNM criteria. They help to assess the completeness of a surgical excision and to understand the heterogeneity of colorectal carcimas. Features: * Cases illustrated in two-page spreads with clinical information, conventional histopathology, and large-section histology images enlarged to almost a full page. * Pathology seen in the context of surrounding tissues * The margins of malignant tumors visible in their entirety * Schematic guides to interpretation of the large-section images * Emphasis on diagstic advantages of using large section technique * Technical guidelines for obtaining large-section histopathology specimens This atlas is the result of seven years of studying almost 2,000 cases of colorectal carcima and other intestinal lesions and is highly recommended for pathologists, radiologists, surgeons, and oncologists alike.
- Author(s)Tibor Tot
- PublisherThieme Publishing Group
- Date of Publication15/06/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintThieme Publishing Group
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Content Note293
- Weight851 g
- Format DetailsComb bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.