All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis work introduces you to easy container gardening to add year-round colour to your home and garden, from hanging baskets and windowboxes to terracotta pots and planters. Features of this work include: ideas to decorate containers, from a shell-encrusted windowbox to a verdigris painted bucket; learn the essential techniques for planting, propagating and maintaining your container plants; create a fabulous all-white windowbox, a mini-topiary of ivy and petunias, a basket of sweet-scented lavender and even an edible display; over 40 colour-themed container projects offer displays that burst with fiery reds, oranges and yellows; delight with gentle pinks, purples and blues; or soothe with neutral whites and greens; and, beautiful photographs and simple step-by-step instructions ensure success. This practical project book features an extensive introductory section covering all you need to kw about learning to garden with containers: from choosing your pots, and advice on suitable planters, to propagation techniques, and how to deal with pests and plant diseases. Once you've mastered the basics there are then over 40 floral planting projects with step-by-step instructions.Whether you have a large country garden, a tiny courtyard or simply a balcony or windowsill, containers add an extra dimension. This book offers a wonderful range of inspiring ideas to choose from, whether rustic and quaint, formal and elegant, or the latest in chic design. With every project shown step by step in over 400 photographs, you will find everything you need to create your own wonderful colour creations.
- Author BiographyStephanie Donaldson is the author of many gardening books. As a child she learnt her love of gardening from her grandfather. Later, as an adult, she returned to gardening, working for a specialist alpine nursery, running the vegetable garden on an organic farm and then managing a large formal garden for eight years. Stephanie now concentrates on writing about flowers, plants and gardening, and on creating flower and plant displays for book projects.
- Author(s)Stephanie Donaldson
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date23/02/2017
- Content Noteover 400 colour photographs
- Weight544 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.