Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- Descriptionto the American Edition We are pleased that our modest work, published some time ago in Russian in Moscow* and which attracted the attention of polymer specialists,t will w be available to the EngJish- speaking audience of scientists - chemists, physicists, and techlogists engaged in creating new types of polymer materi- als for modern techlogy and working on the fundamental prob- lems of the solid-state physics and structure of polymer- due to the initiative of Plenum Press. In polymer science, the 1980s were marked by the birth of a new field and a new scientific trend related to the dis- covery and study of a previously unkwn class of polymers thermotropic liquid-crystalline polymers - and the further development of the fundamental theoretical concepts of the liquid-crystalline (mesomorphic) state of macromolecular com- pounds. This state is a phase state in thermodynamic equi- librium characterized by the anisotropy of the structure and properties as a result of one-dimensional or two-dimensional ordering. Such systems have an ordered but simultaneously labile structure which can easily be altered by mechanical, electrical, or magnetic fields; the polymer system then acquires unique physical and optical properties. These prop- erties, which are acquired in the liquid-crvstalline state, are then fixed in the solid at the operating temperatures. *N. A. Plate and V. P. Shibaev. Comb-Shaped Polymers and Li- quid Crystals [in RussianJ. Khimiya, Moscow (1980). tSee the review of this book by H. Mark in J. Polym. Sci. Polym. Lett. Ed. , 20, 139 (L982).
- Author(s)N. A. Plate,V. P. Shibaev
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/11/2011
- Series TitleSpecialty Polymers
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight652 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.