All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* Hundreds of photos of Tiger tanks in action* Text chronicles the unit's combat operations in the East and West* Personal accounts from the men who rode in these battlefield behemoths This book tells--with firsthand accounts as well as numerous, never-before-seen photographs--the combat history of German Tiger Tank Battalion 503, the senior Tiger battalion of the German Army, equipped with both the Tiger I and the King Tiger. The unit saw action in the attempted relief of Stalingrad, the tremendous tank engagements at Kursk, and the bitter fighting to relieve German unit encircled at the Tscherkassy Pocket. It then defended against the Allies in Normandy in 1944, and ended the war with desperate fighting in Hungary and Austria.
- Author BiographyAlfred Rubbel is a veteran of German Tiger Tank Battalion 503. Richard Freiherr von Rosen is a veteran of German Tiger Tank Battalion 503.
- Author(s)Alfred Rubbel,Dr. Franz-Wilhelm Lochmann
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication22/04/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note350 black & white halftones, 40 maps
- Weight86 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.